Why Palanisami & Associates?
Palanisami & Associates, Inc. (PAI) is an Equal Opportunity employer. We strive for excellence in everything we do. PAI provides full service structural engineering with a TEAM of professionals who have grown with us and have succeeded over the years. PAI provides a team environment and collaborates with various clients on all types of projects. Your work and education is important to us and we provide endless opportunities for you to grow with our team.
… Currently we have two job opportunities …
Palanisami & Associates, Inc. (PAI) is seeking a licensed structural engineer for immediate full time employment. PAI, founded in 1986, provides structural design services for institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings, including health care facilities, hotels, commercial structures, public buildings, parking structures, etc., from conceptual design through completion of construction. As an engineer at PAI, the type of projects you work on will include precast concrete, poured in place concrete, post-tensioned concrete, and steel frame designs. Salary is based on experience and the benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and two weeks paid vacation.
- Design of new buildings and design of restorations for existing building.
- Observing conditions in the field of both new and existing construction, and evaluating the nature, cause, and remedy of any damage, incorrect construction, and/or defects.
- Providing project management while working with other engineers and our structural drafters, including the reviewing of shop drawings and the answering of questions during construction based upon the construction plans and documents that you have overseen the preparation of.
- Performing building investigations and evaluations of existing buildings, such as parking garages and post-tensioned concrete structures, which require periodic observation and evaluation.
- Maintaining organized communication and record keeping with team members, clients, and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience with structural engineering software
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience working effectively with multi-disciplined design team(s)
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit will be considered a plus.
Palanisami & Associates, Inc. (PAI) is seeking a structural Revit/CAD Technician for immediate full-time employment. PAI, founded in 1986, provides structural design services for institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings, including health care facilities, hotels, commercial structures, public buildings, parking structures, etc., from conceptual design through completion of construction. As a technician at PAI, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects, both large and small. Compensation is hourly, based on experience, and the benefits include health and dental insurance.
- Preparing plans, details, and construction documents in Revit and AutoCAD while working with other team members and our engineers.
- Maintaining organized communication with team members, clients, and contractors during the design and construction phase of projects.
- Reviewing shop drawings and answering questions during construction based upon the construction plans and documents that you have prepared.
- Organizing and archiving all correspondence, design materials, and construction information related to your projects, for future reference.
- Providing an accurate accounting of time spent on projects broken down by type of work.
- 2+ years of experience with Revit AND AutoCad
- Knowledge of drafting standards
- The ability to read and understand existing construction plans and documents.
- Familiarity with performing basic computer tasks in Windows 7 and Microsoft Word.
Please submit all resumes by email, in PDF format, to email@example.com. Examples of pervious work, also in PDF format, may be included with resume if desired.